Basic Website Management – RHT.com
To Edit Game Dates
- Pages > Home > Edit Page
- You will see the text block with the dates
- Hover over Swing into the Cart, and click on the Edit Element icon.
- To retain the formatting, select each date individually, and add the new date.
Roots in the News
To add a Roots in the News Post ( The newest 5 will automatically appear on the Home Page)
- Posts > Add New
- Add a title at the top, and a link in the WP Editor
- Choose the Catagory ‘News’. By choosing the News category, it will automatically display on the News page.
When adding a recipe choose a category of Current or Past. This will determine which page the recipe shows up on.
- When you are ready to add a new batch of recipes, first go in and move the ‘current recipes’ to the ‘past recipes’ page.
- Salad Recipes > Edit the category
- To add new recipes:
- Salad Recipes > Add New
- Add the Title, Recipe Card Image (Select Image > Upload the jpg recipe card image), Recipe Card PDF (Select File > Upload the pdf recipe)
- On the third line, Recipe PDF Link, just copy and past the link from the 2nd line.
Note: Recipe Card jpg images should be 188px wide to display properly
The photos on the the Photo page are in an album designated by Category One. To add or delete photos to this album:
- Easy Media > Overview > Catagory One > Edit
- You’ll see thumbnails of current images. You may delete or reorder these.
- To add a new image > Insert/Select Image
The contact page is currently setup to send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. To change the contact email address:
- Pages > Contact
- Edit the contact form and save
The WP Dashboard
I’ve simplified the Dashboard by hiding options that aren’t needed for basic website management. These options can be ‘unhidden’
- Settings > Menu Editor
- You’ll see a list of all the menu items. The hidden items have a ‘puzzle piece’ icon next to them. To unhide:
- Select the menu item > click on the puzzle piece in the top menu.