Welcome to Roots for the Home TeamTM
– dishing up new dreams and better health for youth.
Roots for the Home Team puts the fun of healthful foods back on forks while creating life-enhancing, influential opportunities for youth. We partner with youth garden programs in ethnically diverse areas of the Twin Cities. Using their produce grown as ingredients, and their inventive nature to help develop the recipes, together we sell delicious salads at Target Field on Minnesota Twins’ Sunday home games.
Roots for the Home Team–
Kids. Grins. Delicious foods. Impressionable opportunities.
Roots for the Home TeamTM
- Strives to strengthen kids’ health through a fresh, positive approach to the “eat healthy food” conversation
- Supports inner-city communities’ access to more fresh produce
- Builds self-esteem, leadership skills and business knowledge for participating youth
- Offers baseball fans enticing new ballpark food choices, supporting the message that eating well can be delicious and accessible
Roots in the News
KARE 11 – Grow with KARE
Roots for the Home Team
DeRushaEats: Something Healthy at Target Field
Cuisine that roots for the home team