Swing by our
Garden Goodies cart…
Thank you for your 2013 season support.
It was a great year!
Looking forward to 2014 and what we can “grow” together.
salad swagger going.
Welcome to Roots for the Home TeamTM
– dishing up new dreams and better health for youth.
Roots for the Home Team puts the fun of healthful foods back on forks while creating life-enhancing, influential opportunities for youth. We partner with youth garden programs in ethnically diverse areas of the Twin Cities. Using their produce grown as ingredients, and their inventive nature to help develop the recipes, together we sell delicious salads at Target Field on Minnesota Twins’ weekend home games.
Roots for the Home Team –
Kids. Grins. Delicious foods. Impressionable opportunities.
Roots on Twitter
Roots at Work
- Strives to strengthen kids’ health through a fresh, positive approach to the “eat healthy food” conversation
- Builds self-esteem, leadership skills and business knowledge for participating youth
- Supports inner-city communities’ access to more fresh produce
- Offers baseball fans enticing new ballpark food choices, supporting the message that eating well can be delicious and doable
Roots in the News
Target Field Message
Garden Youth Meet Target Field Jumbotron
KARE 11 – Grow with KARE
Roots for the Home Team
DeRushaEats: Something Healthy at Target Field
Cuisine that roots for the home team